Hoddle is a leading digital asset technology platform providing fully insured storage deep-cold storage for crypto assets.
Department: Legal, Risk & Compliance
Role: Compliance Specialist
Location(s): Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Time: Full-time or Contract
- Participate in ad-hoc remediation or business specific projects which may include examinations and/or external audits.
- Perform due diligence or enhanced due diligence on users.
- Identify, measure risks, and effectively monitor the business unit control environment.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance BSA/AML and OFAC sanctions compliance program and ensure that it is consistent with industry standards, and meets regulatory expectations.
- Perform risk assessments of fiduciary risks, and monitor the risk management process.
- Keep up to date on changing law and regulations impacting business operations.
- Provide ongoing guidance to the business unit in complying with fiduciary regulations and reporting.
- Collaborate with internal teams for the change requirements and implementation from both a systemic/tech change perspective as well as from a process change perspective.
- Be proactive in taking appropriate and swift action in amending existing policies, procedures, practices, training, and other controls in response to changing regulatory requirements and regulatory expectations.
- Collaborate as appropriate to periodically test BSA and sanctions-related systems to ensure that they are operating effectively.
- Ensure any required regulatory reporting is submitted in a timely manner.
- Document management.
Skills & Experience
- Understanding of new fintech technologies including blockchain
- Adaptability to an ever-changing environment
- Plus if previous experience working with digital assets
- 3+ years of experience in a compliance or risk management position.
- Knowledge of BSA, AML and KYC policies and procedures.
- Attention to detail, strong judgment, ethics and decision making skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or an advanced degree or certification or relevant experience in the field.
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial services regulations; and retail/ institutional level products.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Fantastic English communication skills, both verbal and written