Engineering Manager, Blockchain
Hoddle is a leading digital asset technology platform providing fully insured storage deep-cold storage for crypto assets.
Department: Engineering & IT
Role: Engineering Manager, Blockchain
Location(s): Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Time: Full-time or Contract
- Manage and mentor your team to help achieve the organization’s goals.
- Integrate with various blockchains to add support for new digital assets.
- Collaborate with other teams such as Operations, Product & Design and management to turn our vision into reality.
- Collaborate with all engineering teams to ensure consistency and overall work quality.
- Provide a thoughtful technical voice and support your team in making diligent decisions.
- Build secure, resilient, and powerful APIs, libraries, and services to power our wallet services.
- Create roadmaps of new products and take responsibility of features from inception to deployment.
- Ensure new products are shipped on time and within budget.
- Expose and document functionality to the UI, third-party developers, and our internal and external tooling.
- Monitor KPIs set for external contractors.
- Help scale the team by interviewing candidates.
- Research new digital assets and ensure that they are appropriate for the Hoddle wallet.
Skills & Experience
- Understanding of new fintech technologies including blockchain.
- Plus if experience working in fintech.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering, with experience in back-end, server-side software development.
- 2+ years of engineering management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, applied mathematics, or another technical discipline from a top university.
- Great at algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Knowledge of engineering best practices and ability to recognize high quality code.
- Experience creating, delivering, and operating multi-tenanted, distributed systems at scale.
- Experience with large-scale, real-time, and distributed applications.
- Experience in Git/GitHub and branching methodologies and code review tools.
- Great with unit and functional testing and debugging.
- Knowledge of Docker, Golang, Kubernetes and TypeScript.
- Experience with PostgreSQL and MongoDB.