Hoddle is a leading digital asset technology platform providing fully insured storage deep-cold storage for crypto assets.
Department: Engineering & IT
Role: Senior Software Engineer (Backend), Bitcoin
Location(s): Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Time: Full-time or Contract
- Ensure that Hoddle’s Bitcoin wallets always make the best use of Bitcoin’s latest features.
- Improve, extend and maintain existing software which integrates with the Bitcoin blockchain and bitcoin full node.
- Create roadmaps of new products and take responsibility of features from inception to deployment.
- Improve the performance, maintainability, and operations of the codebase by conducting refactoring and upgrade projects.
- Expose and document API functionality to the UI, third-party developers, and our internal and external tooling.
- Collaborate with all engineering teams to ensure consistency and overall work quality.
- Manage and mentor your team to help achieve the organization’s goals
- Drive technical innovation in the blockchain and SecOps space.
- Respond to alerts and bug reports.
Skills & Experience
- Understanding of new fintech technologies including blockchain
- Plus if:
- Experience working in fintech
- Experience with Golang, Ruby, Docker, Rails, Postgres, MongoDB or DynamoDB
- Active or previous contributor to Bitcoin Core, Lightning or other Bitcoin-related open source software
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, applied mathematics, or another technical discipline from a top university.
- Strong understanding of fundamental Bitcoin blockchain mechanics, including bitcoin RPC commands, P2SH scripts and multisig opcodes, Segwit (wrapped and native), CPFP, RBF, UTXO selection and BIP 32 key derivation.
- Familiarity with emerging Bitcoin features, such as BIP 340/341/342/350 (Taproot/Schnorr/bech32m) and Lightning.
- Experience designing, building, scaling and maintaining production services.
- Produce high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of our users.
- Experience in Git/GitHub and branching methodologies and code review tools.